Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Heart to Heart

I am truly blessed to have friends and family whose hearts seem to always know when to reach out & who then have the courage and compassion to follow through on that prompting!

The events of the last few days are just a glimpse of the love that surrounds me and my family - - a love that keeps us afloat when the waves have been pounding a little too hard:

An invitation - the same as previous years - to a party with friends who give me the space to do as much, or as little, as I feel I can.

A special gift left on the doorstep from special friends who truly understand the bittersweet tug-of-war between grieving the death of a child & celebrating the birth of the One whose sacrifice allows us to overcome that death.

Loved ones gathering to help with improvements that will get our family moved to the farm more quickly - then returning again without us to continue the work!

Our kind, compassionate attorney who offered to do the work for the boys' adoptions free of charge -- then sent a plate full of goodies with them to share with the cousins!

Our Sandstrom Family celebration in the loft of our barn at the farm -- Dad Sandstrom's "favorite story" about "playing Christmas Gift" and "go to the kitchen and smell..."! The boys and their cousins laughing & hugging and playing on the hay.

Listening to Sidney & Joseph on the way home as they talked about when Jesus comes again and Charlie gets his perfect body and how Charlie probably already met Joseph Smith...

Gifts left on the porch for the boys from the Primary - reminding them how very much they are loved.

Tucking my boys into bed after scriptures and prayers knowing that soon, although I can only tuck in two boys right now, all THREE will be mine eternally!!

1 comment:

irvy said...

Oh Carol, how I love you. You truly are an inspiration to me.

You are and always will be my hero.