Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's get this thing started!!

Okay, so now we have a blog! I'm sure it won't be quite as "developed" as many of the ones I visit on occasion belonging to my friends, but I have to admit I'm excited to begin!

In future postings I'm sure you'll find gratitude - even in the venting, hopes, dreams, and promises realized and others we're still waiting on. I'm sure there will also be a generous splash of frustration from time to time! (Yes, believe it or not, beneath this cool, unruffled exterior lies an ever-so-small vein of, well, shall we just say "grit"?!)

I want to get the boys to particiapte in this blog as well (yes, even the biggest "boy"- like THAT'S going to happen!). I want all of you to know my amazing family even better. I think it will actually be an effective "outlet" for all of us,too.

For now, let me just say that I am the recipient of SOOOO many AMAZING blessings. Sometimes I look at my life and I question Heavenly Father's confidence in me, but I'm always grateful that it's there. Left to my own devices, I most definitely would have missed out on some of the most precious experiences of my life. Even in the middle of difficult situations, when I'm seriously wondering if Heavenly Father is actually seeing the same things I am, He finds a way to help me see - just a glimpse, mind you - from what I can only guess is HIS point of view. And THAT is when I'm most able to see the beauty and blessings He so generously bestows upon me.

It's funny how even the tiniest glimpse from a different perspective illuminates all the "WOW-factor" in a person's life! Suffice it to say, I've been "WOW-ed" often enough to know it's NOT a random happening. Those short bursts of beauty and hope are intentionally given to me because HE loves me!

And that, my favorite people, you will NEVER, EVER hear me deny!!!!

1 comment:

irvy said...

welcome to the bloggerhood!

:-D